The Ambassadors (and some hosts) at the arrival party
The Hospital Art Project
Celebrating Friendship Between Two Clubs
Phillip and Jeannette Waldrop were exchange directors for an exchange to the West Alajuela Friendship Force Club in Costa Rica. Twenty-one ambassadors participated. The ambassadors flew to Costa Rica on September 12, 2015, and those participating in the post-exchange tour returned on September 25.
Here is a summary of the activities for the exchange:
- Welcome reception at Alserro Corporation facilites.
- Visit towns of Greece, Naranjo, Sarcero, and Sarchi.
- Visit Poas Volcano and Waterfalls of Peace.
- Free day--some hosts took their ambassadors to parades celebrating Costa Rican Independence Day.
- Visit tropical rain forest, including a gondola ride high above the forest floor.
- Place plaque commemorating the exchange in Palm Park in Alajuela.
- Create and install hospital art in an assisted living facility in Alajuela.
- Tour downtown San Jose.
- Farewell party held at the Castle Country Club.
Here is a summary of the post-exchange tour:
- White-water rafting on the Sarapiqui River.
- Zip line.
- Cultural tour to a Malekus Indian town.
- Visit to a coffee plantation.
- Two days at the Punta Leona Hotel on the Pacific Ocean.
- Excursion to the Manuel Antonio National Park, which included a close encounter with a raccoon which liked Barbara Henry's beach bag.
Click here for additional pictures of the exchange.