Barry Kadechuk was event director for Open World 2017, held March 31 to April 8, 2017. Here is a summary of the event:
- March 31--Pick up ambassadors at Atlanta Airport. Arrival party at 6:00 p.m. at Canoe Lodge in Big Canoe.
- April 1--Visit Centennial Olympic Park and some nearby attractions.
- April 2--Flexible day with hosts--pontoon boat ride at 4:00 p.m.
- April 3--Learn about economic development in Cherokee County.
- April 4--Learn about economic development in Dawson County.
- April 5--Lean about managing a mall (Dawson County Outlet Mall).
- April 6--Learn about economic development in Gilmer County.
- April 7--Learn about economic development in Lumpkin County. Attend farewell party at Fuego's in Marble Hill at 5:30 p.m.
- April 8--Deliver ambassadors to Atlanta Airport.
Click here to see more pictures of the event.